Prof. Dr. Mladen Knežević
MPPG External Expert Member
Zagreb Faculty of Law
Prison Sentences, Restorative Justice, Relationships in the Social Structure of the Prison Institution, Treatment Models for Prisoners
Research project title: Correlation between external appearance and position within the criminal justice system – the perception of prisoners
Research project description
The project examines the extent to which the perception of certain positions in the criminal justice system is associated with the personal appearance of the function holder. More specifically, the extent to which the stereotype of ugly – beautiful is connected with the position that someone takes up in the criminal justice system. The basis of the research is an experimental study in which the inmates are shown images of faces and ask them to evaluate them on a scale beautifully-ugly.
- Croatian Federation of Social Workers
- International Society of Political Psychology
- Penal Reform International
- International Association for the Study of Forced Migration
Knežević, Mladen: Penologija u socijalnom radu (i socijalni rad u penologiji), Zagreb, Biblioteka socijalnog rada, 2008
Knežević, Mladen: Changing the stereotypes of “Counsellors”, Collegium antropologicum, ISSN 0350-6134, 1997, letn. 21, št. 1, str. 243-250.
Knežević, Mladen: Mogućnosti osuđenika za vertikalnu socijalnu promociju, Ljetopis Studijskog centra socijalnog rada, 1995, str. 93-111.
Knežević, Mladen: Obsojenec – energetska baza zapora, Revija za kriminalistiko in kriminologijo, 43, br.4 (1992), str.309-318.
Knežević, Mladen: Zatvor i otuđenje. Penološke teme, 5, 1-2, str. 15-26.
Knežević, Mladen: Rad i nesreće pri radu kod osuđenih osoba u OKPD Lipovica u Popovači, Penološke teme, ISSN 0352-8030, 1986
Knežević, Mladen: Izvršenje kratkih kazni lišenja slobode u SR Hrvatskoj, V: Izvršenje krivičnih sankcija u Jugoslaviji sa posebnim osvrtom na ulogu Organa pravosuđa i Organa socijalne zaštite u njihovom izvršenju, Aranđelovac, oktobar 1980. Beograd: Institut za kriminološka i sociološka istraživanja Beograd, 1980, str. 1-24
- Sensitization to the problems of victims – restorative justice in action
- Attitude change towards guests with disabilities : reflections from tourism students
- Social work as a profession : as perceived by Slovenian and Croatian social work
- Mother’s perception of child’s emotions in the context of intrafamily problems caused by some war events
- Public perceptions of social work in the Republic of Croatia
- Work values of students and their success in studying at the Study centre for social work in Zagreb, Croatia
- Work values of pupils in primary and secondary schools in Mostar
- Creativity – a potential danger of psychotraumatised children – research in the city of Mostar
- The experience of alienation in displaced persons and refugees: self-perception and perception of social work students
- Options for prisoner’s vertical social promotion
- Prisoners work and related accidents at work in the prison of Lipovica Popovača.
- Changes in sociometric status of young inmates from the rehabilitation centre for young delinkvents during the summer working camps
- Juvenile delinquents in summer working camps: camp as an element of socialization of juvenile delinquents: the results of research in the Federal Republic of Croatia