Balkan-Focused and Balkan-Positioned Actors (‘Balkan Criminology’ Links)
This section contains information on Balkan-focused and Balkan-positioned (non)governmental and scientific actors dealing with criminologically relevant issues on the EU/international, regional, and national level.
- The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network, BIRN a group of editors, journalism trainers and reporters, dedicated to creating a strong, professional, independent media in Southeast Europe as an essential component of developing democracy and a market economy in the Balkans.
- The Balkan Insight one of the leading news sites covering the Western Balkans Region.
- Gallup Balkan Monitor is a Balkan-focused organisation dealing with opinion polling and applied social sciences research activities. It measures citizens’ awareness and attitudes towards social, political and economic matters and provides behavioral economics analysis and empirical-based strategic advice to public and private organisations.
- Transitoins (TOL) a nonprofit organization established to strengthen the professionalism, independence and impact of the news media in the post-communist countries of Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Al Jazeera Balkans an international news television station focused on Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo.
- The Southeast Europe Association (Südosteuropa-Gesellschaft – SOG) a mediation body that has developed into one of the most important institutions in the field of research and policy advice on Southeastern Europe within Germany.
- The Southeast European Times Web site a central source of news and information about Southeastern Europe in seven languages: Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, English, Macedonian, Serbian and Turkish.
- Southeast Europe Online a Balkan portal site focusing on creating a virtual network of NGOs in Southeast Europe.
- Central and Eastern European Online Library an online archive which provides access to full text PDF articles from 1018 humanities and social science journals and re-digitized documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics.
- Institute for East and Southeast European Studies a non-university-affiliated research institute in Regensburg which was founded on January 1st, 2012, as a result of the union of the Eastern European Institute and the Institute for South East European Studies.
- Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe (BAYHOST) a cooperative institution of all Bavarian universities, universities of applied sciences and art academies.
- Virtual Library Eastern Europe an interdisciplinary portal for East European Studies.
- Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe an organization which addresses current questions regarding the Danube region, Central and Southeast Europe to enhance knowledge about the region and promote good neighbourly relations.
- Forschungsverbund Ost- und Südosteuropa Forost integrates several universities and research institutions in Bavaria which has, due to tradition and geographical location, close contacts to more (south-) eastern parts of Europe. The network’s aim is to highlight the preconditions and implications of transformation in Eastern European countries.
- MitOst – the International Network for Cultural Exchange and Active Citizenship MitOst is a NGO that builds an international and independent network of engaged people. It is working for a vital civil society and for cultural and language diversity: in Europe and its neighbouring regions.
MPPG contact for ‘Balkan Criminology’ Links: email@example.com